Sunday, July 08, 2007

An E-Mail From Your Ever Charming Father

Hello my fabulous daughter,

I do believe your dear father, currently in Hawaii with your sister, is missing me much more that I'd anticipated: below is the e-mail I received from him this morning:

"While sitting in the local brew house waiting for my ale I realized that I was pretty much the only person over 12 years old that was not sporting some kind of body art. Well today I succumbed to the social pressure and had a large fish hook (8" from from eye to point ) tattooed on the back of my left calve. On my right calve is an image of your face Barbara with some text above each. Now when I stand with my legs together the fish hook looks as though it is in your mouth and the text reads "I'M HOOKED ON YOU BARB." Now that i conform to the new culture of the Big Island of Hawaii I am starting to fit in. When I walk down the street I get the hang loose signal, people call me bro, and I generally feel like more of an individual. Love Garth"

Of course, I am hoping your father is joking ...

Love your wonderful mother

No comments: